Summer 1 Term Learning - 2018
This half term in Year 3 we were learning about rainforests. We know what a rainforest is and where in the world we can find them. We try to link our topic to different subjects. We have written an explanation letter about the water cycle for literacy and painted a rainforest for art. We are excited to keep on learning about the rainforest for the whole summer term!
In our math lessons we have focussed on reading the time. We have also used reasoning to explain our thinking and working out of division problems.
During science lessons we have learnt about light and shadows. We were lucky to have a few sunny days this half term so we could explore our own shadows outside.
Spring 2 Term Learning - 2018
Year 3 have had a fantastic half term and have practised being Resilient during their learning when some things have been challenging.
They enjoyed our Maths Week, particularly our Number to School Day. They were inspired to read more with the visit for the footballers from Spurs.
The whole class learnt new skipping skills which they will use during our Sponsored Skip for Sports Relief. They have also enjoyed spending time with our Nursery buddies.
Spring 1 Term Learning - 2018
Maths – We have been practising our times table and dividing skills. Here we are playing some times table games.
Science – To start our healthy bodies topic we sorted food into its different food groups.
Science – We finished our forces and magnets topic by experimenting to find the out if different surface areas had an effect on force.
Literacy – We sorted books into fiction and non-fiction before investigating the similarities and difference between them.
Show and Tell –We practise our presenting skills and make sure we stick exactly to topic when we are talking and asking questions.
Disability week – We had a visit from the Hearing Dog that we sponsor called ‘Forest’. We heard all about his training and had some demonstrations.
Autumn 2 Term Learning - 2017
- Learning how to set up and use the gym equiptment correct in gymnastics
- Playing a maths card game to practise addition
- Reading through play scripts before creating our own
- Re-enacting a jewish wedding at the local synagogue
- Remembrance day - listening to stories from a kady who lived through the war
- Enjoying our educational day at Celtic Harmony.
- Learning how to make weapons.
- Talk for Writing - Nail soup.
- The class performed the story to the rest of the class.
- Forest schools - Making dens.
- Forest schools - learning how to weave a birds nest.
- Maths outside - ordering 3 digit numbers and then making a whole class number line