Welcome to Year 4
I am delighted to welcome you to the wonderful world of Year 4. On this page, you will find the fantastic work we have been doing this year. The children will enjoy a broad and balanced curriculum with a focus on embedding learning from last year as well as mastering the Year 4 curriculum.
In Year 4 we encourage a growth mindset attitude to learning with children working towards becoming independent learners as they gain more responsibility through self-marking, home learning and leadership roles within the class.
We look forward to working closely with you and your child over the next year.
Our Home Learning Challenge Work
Y4 Additional Learning Resources Suggestions
Y3 Spring Learning 2020
In our learning this term the children have enjoyed:
- Father Dominic’s visit to teach us about St. Blaise;
- Experimenting with making and decorating vases in the style of the Ancient Greeks;
- Reading out our edited written work to the class;
- Playing maths games;
- Acting out Aesop’s Fable – The Boy Who Cried Wolf;
- Marble Treat times;
- A Geography workshop – Around the World;
- Starting out learning on Volcanoes and playing top trumps using volcano facts:
- Starting our learning about Leonardo da Vinci;
- Our maths games dress-up day – the costumes were fantastic and great fun!