A school meal costs £2.30per day.
Since September 2014 school meals are free for children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2.
Friday's meal will always have a fish option as the Bishops of England and Wales have recently asked all Catholics to observe Friday penance. The children are also always offered a vegetarian option.
Applying for Free School Meals in Hertfordshire
For Year 3 – Year 6 children
Your child may qualify for a free meal if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, (providing you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Pension Credit (Guarantee Credit)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
For more information or assistance with your application
Call our customer service centre on 0300 123 4048 (8am-8pm Monday to Friday, 9am-4pm Saturday).