We are pleased to be able to offer the full lunch menu to our pupils.
Please go through the menu carefully with your child, children are allowed to opt in/out of school dinners on a daily basis. If your child does not want a school provided dinner then they can bring in a healthy home packed lunch on those days.
A school meal costs £2.83 per day.
Since September 2014 school meals are free for children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2.
Friday's meal will always have a fish option as the Bishops of England and Wales have asked all Catholics to observe Friday penance. The children are also always offered a vegetarian option.
Applying for Free School Meals in Hertfordshire
For Year 3 – Year 6 children
Your child may qualify for a free meal if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, (providing you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Pension Credit (Guarantee Credit)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
For more information or assistance with your application
Call their customer service centre on 0300 123 4048 (8am-8pm Monday to Friday, 9am-4pm Saturday).
To print a copy of the menu please click here : Winter Menu 2022
Apply for special menu https://specialmenu.hcl.co.uk/
All meal must be booked via the School Gateway App.
Cancelling of school dinners
Please ensure that you cancel any school meals booked by 9.30am if your child is going to be absent from school for any reason that day. With the cost of living crisis and food prices continuing to rise, HCL have advised us that they will now be charging £2.83 for all meals booked but not taken.
You cancel meals by:
- Opening the school Gateway App
- Taping on Lunch Money, then make or view meal bookings—Scroll along the top to the date you want to cancel lunch for. The date box will a solid green colour
- Tap on the meal option you have booked - The one highlighted in a blue bar, the blue bar will now disappear.
- Tap on Confirm at the bottom of the page—the day/date box will turn grey.
- Check out as normal
Repeat for all the days you want to cancel meals for. If you have any difficulties with this please see Alison Jackson in the school office. Thank you.